Friday, January 13, 2012

Personal Post: My Changing Body Shape

Today was one of those days where I just wasn’t comfortable in my own skin.  I wasn’t bummed out or anything, but I just wasn’t comfortable in my clothes at all!  In one of my earlier posts I talked about not getting down on yourself when your body changes shape and you can sometimes look worse than before you started; only for a little while.  Well, that is happening to me now!  I am starting to slim down all over my body but I am thinning out a lot from my ribs and up.  This makes my hips look worse!  The thinning out on top has really accentuated my hips and it just looks funny.  Well not funny, more like a big ‘ol spare tire.  I felt uncomfortable during my workout today and was tugging at my shirt all the time; not fun! 

My TShirt dilemma is frustrating, I must admit… I have a bunch of Yoga Tee’s from Joe Fresh and while I like them, they stretch out so much during the course of my workout I end up looking like a drowned rat by the end of it.  They made me feel really uncomfortable!  So I thought I would try something a little bit more fitted, and I like the feel of it while standing.  But as soon as I have to sit or lay down for a leg press I feel all uncomfortable again!  Gravity is not on my side at the moment.  I am on the search for the perfect workout tee to get me through this next part of training until things start to even out again!  I know this is all part of the game and I was expecting it; so it wasn’t a mood crusher or anything, just a pain in my butt!  One way to look at it is to focus on the positives: I’ve lost a lot of “padding” in my upper body and it’s really starting to slim down!  Rather than just focusing on how big my hips look.  It is all in how you look at it… Glass half full or glass half empty!

I think being prepared for these changes has really helped me keep things in perspective.  I can guarantee that if Craig hadn’t told me that I might look worse before I look better, I would be a ball of tears!  So I hope that you really absorb this info and take it from me and my accentuated spare tire LOL that it DOES feel weird and messes with your head a little bit; but your body WILL even out and you will LOVE the results!  It’s like a mini goal (a smaller goal within my BIG goal) and I will have one more thing to celebrate when my hips DO thin out… and they WILL because I am going to give it my all every time I go to the gym and I am going to keep my goals in the forefront of my mind :)

I hope you enjoyed this post and I will talk to you all very soon!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me a Comment!