Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Oat and Egg White Pancake

Do you miss eating pancakes with the family on Sunday mornings?  Well I have a recipe that will make that problem disappear!  You will be enjoying Pancake Sunday’s with the family again in no time at all :)

What you need:

-        Food processor or blender or magic bullet

-        4-6 Egg whites

-        ¼ Cup of Quick oats

-        Cinnamon

-        Small frying pan

-        Flipper

-        Spatula

-        Oil of your choice

What to do:

-        Take your oats and blend them in the food processor or blender or magic bullet until it looks like the consistency of flour (in our case it would look like Gluten Free Flour, right!)

-        Add cinnamon now or sprinkle it on top of the finished product

-        Measure and add your egg whites to the food processor or blender or magic bullet and blend.  This will incorporate the ingredients as well as make the egg whites fluffier.

-        Add a very small amount of oil to a non-stick small frying pan and once the pan is ready, add the mixture and wait for small bubbles to form throughout the pancake.  Then you know it’s time to flip!  I like to use the spatula to lift up the pancake so I can slide the flipper underneath it and flip.  Less risk of breaking the pancake that way!

-        The second side takes less time to cook; about a minute or 2 or until golden.

Voila!  You have your Oat and Egg White Pancake! 

Here are some possible toppings for your pancake:

(NOTE: I am just making suggestions, I am not saying this is appropriate for everyone's meal plan!)

-        Mashed banana (this can also be added INTO the pancake ‘batter’)

-        Maple Syrup

-        Cinnamon

-        Cinnamon and Splenda

-        Berry Compote

-        Peanut Butter and Banana Slices

-        Any kind of fruit

-        Or my guilty pleasure that I will try again once I reach my goal… NUTELLA!

You can also make this a savoury pancake by adding spices instead of cinnamon and use sour cream and a possible topping.  Think of Potato Pancakes, but healthier :)
Give this recipe a try and let me know if you do!

I hope you enjoyed this post and I will talk to you all very soon!

K


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me a Comment!