Saturday, January 28, 2012

Makeup at the Gym

Hello ladies,

Im talking to just you this time… I am a self-proclaimed beauty addict and I love doing my hair, nails, and most of all… MAKEUP!  Nothing beats the feeling you get when you know you look good!  There is a time and a place for all of these things, though.  Nothing looks worse, or more out of place, than a woman at the gym wearing the same makeup she would wear to a club… or worse yet, she might actually  be wearing last night’s makeup from the club. 
SAY NO TO RACCOON EYES!



SAY YES TO THE NATURAL LOOK!


I can completely understand wanting to still look polished and pretty, but just know this… When your mascara is running down your face because you are a hot sweaty mess, it’s not a good look.

Let me tell you what I think you should SKIP and what you can USE (if anything at all) from your makeup drawer when getting ready to hit the gym:

SKIP:

-        Blush (you are going to get naturally flushed cheeks anyway… you don’t want to look like a clown)

-        Lipstick (it’s really not necessary)

-        Foundation (you are going to be sweating!  Come on now!  The sweat and oils from your skin are going to cause the makeup to break up and get all splotchy… not a good look)

-        Eye shadow (it’s just too much to have your eyes all done up.  You want to look polished, not ready to party)

-        Mascara (this is in both categories: SKIP and USE)

USE:

-        Tinted moisturizer (this will make your skin look naturally glowy and healthy!  It will also lightly cover up any discolouration or pesky breakouts)

-        Lip balm/Chapstick (instead of lipstick you can use a balm which will give your lips a healthy shine)

-        Eyeliner (I would suggest a brown eyeliner that you can use really close to your lashes.  It will just give your eyes the appearance of fuller lashes)

-        Mascara (I decided to put this in both categories because you CAN use mascara, as long as you don’t go crazy with it AND make sure you use waterproof!  I have very light eyelashes, naturally.  So they tend to disappear on my face and I just feel self-conscious about it.  I like to use a brown mascara that just gives my lashes enough “oomph” so they are visible, but not “over done”)

Bottom line is you are at the gym to workout!  If you can go there with zero makeup on and feel confident, you are one step ahead of the rest.  No woman "needs" makeup… everyone is beautiful in their own way and you have to embrace what you have been given.  Makeup can certainly highlight or emphasize your favourite features but just remember that it isn’t the makeup that makes you beautiful… it’s just you!

Now, if you are saying “OK I get it… I don’t need all the makeup, but I still need something that’s going to make me feel pretty!” I say this…

-        Paint your nails!  (A pop of colour on your nails will make you feel put together!)

-        Do something cute with your hair *within reason* (if you usually do a messy bun, try a pony tail… or if you want something totally different, try a braid!  French braid, side braid, fishtail, rope braid… you name it!)

-        My personal fave is having really cool running shoes.  Mine are hot pink and yellow and not a week goes by without someone saying “Hey!  Cool shoes!”

I used to wear makeup every single day… (school, work, going out etc.) a full face of it!  From the primers and shadows to the lipsticks and false lashes.  It takes a long time to put it on and a long time to take it all off!  Since starting at the gym I have really limited my makeup routine.  Even if I am not going to the gym I still find myself putting on my tinted moisturizer instead of foundation and my brown mascara instead of my intense black.  I am starting to feel that inner beauty make its way out :)

No Makeup, Makeup Look:

- Apply tinted moisturizer to face and neck
- Lightly apply brown eyeliner and smudge between your lashes, this will give your lashes a fuller look!
- Apply waterproof brown mascara (OPTIONAL)
- Apply a lip balm (you can use a tinted one too if you like, but try to keep it natural looking)
- Grab your shoes and you are ready to hit the gym!

So the next time you are about to head to the gym just remember all you need is a big smile and your running shoes; leave the lipstick at home!
I hope you enjoyed this post and I will talk to you all very soon!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me a Comment!