Last night I was scrambling for something to eat for dinner. I had no idea what to make, I was getting hungrier by the minute, and I needed something quick and easy.
No big deal right?
Well, I took to Pintrest. Naturally.
What I found was a whole lot of Gluten Free imitation versions of casseroles that made me go… ICK! The tricky thing with gluten free versions of gluten ridden foods, is they often have higher calorie, carb, and additive numbers. I wanted something fast, but I didn’t want to sacrifice quality or nutrition.
I found inspiration from a few different recipes and came up with something that I thought I would enjoy! Here is my recipe, I hope you enjoy!
Kayla’s Zucchini Avo-Fredo (Alfredo)
- ½ medium avocado
- 2 tbsp ricotta cheese
- 1 handful fresh basil
- ¼ cup Chicken stock
o Used to thin out the sauce. You want it to coat the back of a spoon, but not too thick
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Sea salt
- 1-2 medium zucchinis
o Made zucchini noodles with your zucchinis
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 chicken breast
- Make noodles out of your zucchini, set aside
- Chop your tomato, set aside
- In a Vitamix Blender, add:
o Lemon juice
o Half of the amount of chicken stock
- Blend until thick and smooth
- Add in your ricotta cheese, blend
- If needed, add remaining chicken stock
o You want your sauce to be thick and creamy, not soupy!
- Warm a large saucepan on medium heat
- Add your Avo-Fredo sauce and gently warm
- Once warmed through, add your zucchini and toss in the sauce until coated and zucchini warmed through
o You still want some crunch to the zucchini
- Toss fresh tomatoes in
- If you are using chicken, toss in your chopped, cooked chicken breast
- PLATE AND ENJOY!
This was absolutely DELICIOUS and tasted just like Fettuccini Alfredo, my fave pasta dish! It was creamy, dreamy, and very satisfying! I used 1 medium zucchini and 1 chicken breast and ate all of it. It was fantastic!
Please let me know if you try it and what you think!