Sunday, February 16, 2014

Blast from the Past


Hey everyone!
I was at the mall picking up a few things that I had forgotten to grab yesterday and all of the sudden I felt something in the pit of my stomach, saying STOP.  I slowed down and turned to my right and I saw someone I haven’t seen in many, many years.  I will leave out names, connections, etc. as I don’t want any privacy issues – I might share a lot of my life, but that’s just me.
Anyway, I wanted to just keep walking but I couldn’t, I literally felt a pull toward her.  She was talking to someone and I interrupted and I immediately regretted it but I also wouldn’t have changed a thing.  I feel like I interrupted that conversation for a reason.  It was just sketchy.

We walked for a bit and all I could think of is OMG I just want to hug her and tell her it’s going to be okay… Perhaps I should preface this by saying that I am INCREDIBLY in touch with emotion.  When I see someone hurting, it rips my heart in half.  Sometimes I can feel how much they are hurting even if they don’t show it on their face – that was what happened here.  I have known this person for so long and seeing her today and remembering what she was like before, broke my heart.
I will never know for certain what that conversation I interrupted was about, or what is really going on in her life – but man… I am so glad I made certain decisions in my life that led me down an entirely different path.

It got me thinking how close I was to living the same type of life as her – having her reality be my own.  It shook me to my core.  We are ALL one decision away from changing our lives – for better or worse.
That is pretty scary when you think of it! 

I truly believe that things happen for a reason, and I believe that the universe just aligned and I was destined to see her.  Because to be honest, I couldn’t find a parking spot at the mall to save my life so I was just going to leave and come back later in the week.  I decided to make one more loop around and there was a spot.  I almost didn’t go in there.  This opportunity was almost missed.
Decisions are hard and they are scary sometimes, but I think it should be that way, for some things.  Decisions should require time, thought, and consideration.  You are painting the picture of your life, one brush stroke at a time.  Be conscious of that.  Making the decision to go back to school is hard, expensive, and means you will have to sacrifice a lot – but if you give it enough time and thought, you will be able to decide if it is the best choice for you.  Maybe it will open more doors for you!  Same goes for deciding to live a healthier lifestyle – it is hard but it is worth it.  It also requires daily decisions to stay healthy.  It doesn’t just happen after you “decide to be healthy” – it is a work in progress!

My point in sharing this with you is just to remind you that we are in charge of our lives.  Things may happen that are out of our control, but you can always change the situation you are in.
Anyway, I hope that she got something from seeing me today, however brief it was, and that it will help her somehow.  That is all I can hope for :)  If by any chance she sees this, know that it isn’t written with judgement at all – just straight from the heart.

“You're more beautiful than you know, more talented than you think, and more loved than you can imagine.”  ― Kandee Johnson

1 comment:

  1. I love all your posts. They make me stop and think about things from a different perspective or at least make me think a little harder about the situation on hand. Keep it coming :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me a Comment!