Monday, September 17, 2012

FitBit Ultra


Hello everyone :)

 Today I want to talk about my FitBit!  This nifty little gadget counts my steps, flights of stairs, calories burned, and the online portion tracks my food and water intake, sleep quality and so much more!

This is like a fitness coach and dietician all rolled into one clip on gadget that is easily hidden under your clothes if you don’t want it to be exposed; and I guarantee you will have people asking questions about it!

The accelerometer and altimeter count my steps and stairs.  It gathers the information and wirelessly uploads it to my personal page!  I can also press a little button on the FitBit and I can see how many steps I have taken so far.  You can set daily goals for miles traveled, steps taken, stairs climbed, and calories burned!  You compete with yourself to beat your goals!  You can also compete with friends and family.  You earn badges with each milestone you reach: ie) first 25 flights of stairs, 10,000 steps, 50 miles etc. 

You can also use the online meal tracking system to ensure you aren’t eating more calories than you need.  If you say you want to lose 5lbs you will have a few options as to what approach you want to take: slow and easy, medium, or hard.  Hard obviously means lose it in the safest, yet fastest way possible.  It will then tell you how many calories you need to cut and how much exercise you need to include to reach that goal by such and such date!

The sleep tracker is one of my favourite features.  You set the stop watch before you fall asleep and it will track what time you fell asleep, how many times you woke up (or made significant movement), and how long you spent awake in the night vs. asleep!  I realized I was drinking too much water before bed because I was always up at 2am.  I stopped drinking 20-30 minutes before bed and the 2am pee breaks are far and few between now!  I just make sure to drink that water earlier in the day :)

It really just makes me more conscious of my movement throughout the day.  Working a desk job can sometimes mean sitting for really long periods of time.  Now I make sure I get up and move more to get those steps in!

If you want any more information please click here: http://www.fitbit.com/product

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me a Comment!