Monday, February 6, 2012

Chicken Chili

I was looking for something to spice up my 2nd and 3rd meal of the day and I decided to use my chicken and make chili!  Here is what I did and it was DELISH!

Ingredients:

- ground chicken
- 1 green pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 clove garlic
- can of tomatoes (diced, whole, whatever you prefer)
- chili seasoning
- kale

Instructions:

- dice onion, green pepper, garlic and jalapeno; set aside
- heat a deep frying pan or pot
- drizzle some oil in the pan and add the onions and peppers; cook until onions begin to brown
- add garlic
- add ground chicken and cook thoroughly
- add tomatoes
- add kale
- season with chili, salt, pepper, whatever spices you prefer
- turn the heat down low and allow the chili to simmer

You can allow the chili to cook for as long as you want on low heat but I needed chili and I needed it FAST so I just let it simmer for about 10 minutes and then I devoured it!

Fast and easy chili!  Total time was maybe 30 minutes!  The kale adds a delicious little spin on chili and is SO nutritious!!!

Enjoy!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me a Comment!